VEGAN • KID FRIENDLY • GREAT FOR ENTERTAINING
PREPARATION 8 HOURS FREEZING TIME
COOK TIME 5 MINUTES
These fancy grown-up pops are like a frozen coconut candy bar. They are so pretty and elegant that I have even served them to dinner party guests—much to their delight!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup granulated beet sugar
- 10 ounces soy-free vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toasted unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, coconut cream, shredded coconut, and sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sugar has dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the coconut mixture to a blender and puree on high until smooth. Pour the puree into 10 ice pop molds and add wooden sticks. Freeze overnight.
- Place a baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave on high until the chocolate is mostly melted, about 75 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Let the chocolate cool a little.
- Put a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on the chilled baking sheet. Remove the pops from the molds and place them on the baking sheet. Pour the melted chocolate over half of each pop while holding them over the bowl of melted chocolate (to catch the extra chocolate). Sprinkle them with toasted shredded coconut and place them back on the on the baking sheet. When you are all done, store the pops on the baking sheet in the freezer.
Reprinted from Pure Delicious by arrangement with Pam Krauss Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Heather Christo LLC