VEGAN • SUGAR-FREE • HIGH FIBER
PREPARATION 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME N/A
The first time I ate raw corn, I was shocked at how sweet and delicious it was. The little kernels burst in my mouth with a perfect little pop! When you pair raw corn with sweet mango and lots of fresh herbs, sharp red onion, and spicy chile, you get a salad that is absolutely perfect as a side dish or topping for any kind of protein. Frankly, I could just eat this whole bowl with a spoon.
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chile, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into small dice
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Use a sharp knife to cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
Reprinted from Pure Delicious by arrangement with Pam Krauss Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Heather Christo LLC