(NaturalPath) With heart disease being one of the biggest silent killers in the world today it would appear counterintuitive to forgo pills and traditional medicine in favor of spiritually tinged prescriptions mixed with mindful-based practices as an effort to heal in perpetuity. Enter Laughter Yoga which is a revolutionary idea – simple and profound. An exercise routine, it is sweeping the world and is a complete well-being workout.
- You can laugh with special guided techniques: It’s easy. Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy and one can feel the benefits on the very first session!
- Real and Contagious Laughter: We initiate laughter as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness. It soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
- Oxygenates Your Body and Brain: Laughter Yoga is a combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and laughter exercises, which oxygenates our body and brain, makes us feel more healthy and energetic.
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. One gets the same physiological and psychological benefits.
Clinical research conducted at Bangalore, India and in the United States has proved that Laughter lowers the level of stress hormones (epinephrine, cortisol, etc) in the blood.
Dr. Madan Kataria, a medical doctor from Mumbai, India popularly known as the ‘Guru of Giggling’ (London Times), is the founder of Laughter Yoga Clubs movement started in 1995. Spreading rapidly in USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, South East Asia, China and Africa, this new concept has been widely covered by prestigious publications like TIME Magazine, National Geographic, and the Wall Street Journal and featured on CNN, BBC, US networks and the Oprah Winfrey Show.
In an interview with Razi Berry, Dr. Madan Kataria discusses his work with Laughter Yoga and how that concept works in conjunction with the heart and the myriad ways it heals and simultaneously operates. In the interview you will learn:
- Come to understand how laughing can be used as medicine for our heart and soul
- Learn how laughter can cross borders, languages and cultures to bring a deeper understanding to what it means to be human
- Learn why we laugh less as we age and how to re-discover laughter
Join The Heart Revolution on February 25 to view this interview with Dr. Madan Kataria and our other guests including:
- Eben Alexander, MD; Proof Of Heaven
- Rollin McCraty,Ph.D., HeartMath; Cutting Edge Research From The World Renowned Institute
- Michael T Murray, ND; Proven Naturopathic Alternatives For Common Heart Drugs
Registration is free for this completely online event. Register today at theheartrevolution.org
“Discover How to Heal, Empower & Follow Your Heart Physically, Emotionally & Spiritually”