Dr. Steven Masley has been surrounded by heart health since childhood. After his father suffered a stroke that changed his life, Dr. Masley decided that he would dedicate his life to helping people prevent heart disease. Through simple lifestyle changes and healthy eating, we can prevent 90% of heart disease and avoid the procedures and medications that have become commonplace.
If you want to improve your heart health you must:
- Incorporate fruits, vegetables, nuts, and beans into your diet
- Get fit and stay active to improve your circulation and decrease your artery plaque
- Manage your stress and mental health to improve your overall functioning
Preventing Heart Disease with Dr. Steven Masley
A physician, nutritionist, author, speaker, and award-winning patient educator, Dr. Masley has devoted his medical career to the study of heart disease and aging. His passion is empowering people to achieve optimal health through comprehensive medical assessments and lifestyle changed. Achieving optimal heart health is a simple and easy thing, and Dr. Masley is here today to share how you can do it too.
Taking Back Your Health Through Nutrition
Food preparation and the spices and oils used can make a drastic impact on your health. By understanding which foods are ‘smart fats’ and ‘stupid fats’ you can make simple changes to your diet and improve your life in a massive way. Things like fruits, vegetables, beans, and nuts are all ways that you can simply, easily, and cheaply improve the health of you and your family and can help you start feeling fantastic.
The Importance of Fitness
Fitness and nutrition are proven to reduce heart disease by up to 90%. If you want to start feeling better, lose weight, gain more energy, improve your brain function, and start feeling healthier, food and fitness are the way to do it. Heart disease can impact many aspects of your life including sexual dysfunction, emotions, mood, and more. By understanding how your heart works and what you can do to improve it, you can live a longer and happier life.
Are you ready to transform your life and prevent heart disease? Share which of Dr. Masley’s simple tricks to better heart health you are incorporating into your daily life with me in the comments below.
In This Episode
- Learn the number one cause of heart disease and how to prevent it through simple lifestyle choices (8:20)
- Discover the difference between ‘smart fat’ and ‘stupid fat’ (11:30)
- The four food groups that can keep you healthier and keep you feeling younger (16:32)
- Why you should be more concerned about heart disease than any other prevalent disease (20:18)
- Which fitness programs can help you get your heart health back on track (24:16)
- The importance of heart health when it comes to your sexual health and emotions (28:04)
“When you do that, you feel better, you have more energy, and its easier to keep doing it. And you get into this positive spiral about taking care of yourself and feeling fantastic.” (4:12)
“We can prevent 90% of heart disease through lifestyle choices and making the right ones, and my mission is to help people make those right choices.” (7:25)
“If we made one change, it would be more vegetables, fruit, beans, and nuts, that would be the most important change we could make.” (18:02)
“Eat more vegetables, fruit, beans, and nuts. And get fit. And if you do that, and you don’t smoke, we can prevent 90% of heart disease.” (22:52)
“The number one cause of preventable death is related to fitness. If we can make people fitter we would probably decrease more death rates than anything else.” (24:51)