Basil is not only delicious but an incredible adaptogen which means it helps you deal with stress. Alcohol based margaritas may make you feel relaxed while you drink them, but the alcohol actually is a stressor to your body, which is why you experience a hangover the next day.
Wake up happy and feeling healthier with my mock-a-rita!
- 2 cups your favorite kombucha
- Juice of one lime
- 6 basil leaves basil flowers for garnish
- Sea salt
- Run lime wedge across favorite cocktail glass and dip in sea salt, chill
- Muddle juice of lime with basil leaves to impart basil oil
- Pour kombucha over the basil and lime
- Strain into chilled glasses
Razi Berry, Founder and Publisher of Naturopathic Doctor News & Review (ndnr.com) and NaturalPath (thenatpath.com), has spent the last decade as a natural medicine advocate and marketing whiz. She has galvanized and supported the naturopathic community, bringing a higher quality of healthcare to millions of North Americans through her publications. A self-proclaimed health-food junkie and mother of two; she loves all things nature, is obsessed with organic gardening, growing fruit trees (not easy in Phoenix), laughing until she snorts, and homeschooling. She is a little bit crunchy and yes, that is her real name.